Tuesday 3 September 2013

Derby Cathedral

On October the 5th I will be abseiling down the tower of the Cathedral in Derby city centre. A chance to abseil down the 212 feet tower as well as raise some sponsorship money for the Derby Mountain Rescue team. How could I resist! I always enjoy the veiws gained from the top of tall buildings, especially while traveling in a new city, so I'm really looking forward to the un-obscured veiw across Derbyshire. I've also never abseiled from the top of anything of significance before so it should be quite the experience!

The link to my just giving page is - http://www.justgiving.com/AmyLouiseJohnson - and any sponsorship would be much appreciated.

And of course I took a quick trip to the Cathedral to check how high it was and take some photographs.

The Cathedral bell tower

The Cathedral towering over the rest of the Derby skyline

The Cathedral, the moon and storm clouds

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these - passed it many a time and listened to its bells. Has to be said, Derby's skyline isn't very exciting but been on a big wheel for a good look round.

    ReplyDelete